IT Information Technology
Head of APAC Core Corporate IT Support
|Job / Group Overview:|
The Wholesale Production Services organisation is responsible for providing IT support to the Business and Corporate departments at Nomura Holdings. The Principal Processing function within Production Services focuses on the support of the Corporate departments including Finance, Operations and Core Corporate.
This role is to head up the APAC Core Corporate Support team within Principal Processing. The person at this position will report directly into the Global Head of Core Corporate Production Services. The team is based in Tokyo and provides IT support for applications used by Compliance, Legal, Audit departments in Japan, EMEA, India, US.
● Function as the regional SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the support of Compliance, Legal and Audit applications used by the Japan Retail and Global Core Corporate departments.
● Maintain strong relationships with Senior Stakeholders in Core Compliance and IT regionally and globally.
● Manage day to day IT issues in Core Compliance to completion, escalating to developers or other IT teams as required.
● Manage IT incidents to resolution as per the Production Services defined guidelines. Ensure proactive application monitoring on Nomura’s monitoring tools. Ensure root cause analysis of production issues and documentation on resolution and next steps
● Provide regular and accurate updates to Stakeholders in Core Compliance and IT during incidents.
● Maintain strong relationships with the RTB and Development teams in Core Compliance IT.
● Maintain strong relationships with Core Compliance support teams in other regions and function as part of the global “Follow The Sun” support model.
● Partake in the rollout of global support procedures within Wholesale Production Services.
● Proactively suggest ways to improve support service levels.
● Suggest and generate useful regular metrics / reports for regional and global review and consumption.
● Manage IT staff including assigning responsibilities, managing resource availability and trainings, vacation and public holiday planning, ensuring adherence to production processes and protocols, etc.
● Implement and police the agreed Nomura IT policies.
● Implement and police the agreed Wholesale Production Services IT policies, procedures and processes.
● Work with IT Risk & Control teams when required on items such as firm Audits, BOJ inspections etc.
● Experience managing Production Support teams in a Financial Institution.
● Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
● Hands on experience with Oracle/Sybase/SQL Server, Unix and Shell scripting.
● Working familiarity with infrastructure components such as Windows and Linux Servers, Networks, Real-Time messaging, Databases, Logs.
● Strong written and spoken Japanese and English.
● An understating of the etiquettes of Japanese Corporate culture.
● Strong experience building relationships with senior managers from IT and the business.
● Experience communicating with audiences with varying technical expertise and levels of seniority.
● Ability to deliver a quality service in an environment where flexibility about working at night / weekends is sometimes required.
● Strong IT governance skill and experience.
● Experience in team and Vendor management.
● Experience managing medium sized projects including defining milestones, working to timelines, hitting target dates and issue management.
● Strong communication and presentation skills.
● Basic knowledge of Compliance:
● Degree in Computer or Information Science.
Any experience with implementing ITIL support processes would be useful.