IT Information Technology
Junior Business Analyst
Associate / Senior Associate
|Job/Group Overview: |
The Japan CTS Operations IT group is a part of global team that provides Technology solutions to middle and back-office processing of the firm, including trade processing, settlement, regulatory reporting, and position management. Our mission is to enable business growth by providing scalable and stable solutions to one of the firm’s most critical function areas leveraging best-in-class Technology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual to join us as a business analyst, who will be a subject matter expert in our functional domain of middle and back office processing, design system solutions and drive system implementation projects. While this is primarily a business analyst role, there is a future opportunity to work on hands-on development as we advance with the ongoing digital transformation. This role provides a unique opportunity for someone who wants to build skills and work across the areas of business analysis and software development.
● Business Analyst as subject matter expert (SME) will involve in system implementation projects and interact with production services team to support business users. Also interfaces with cross regional and cross-divisional IT team, business users and project teams for identifying and prioritizing the business needs, managing timely project delivery.
● Suitable person would be the one who has interest in pursuing hands on development along with the requirement analysis, user support and digital transformation.
● All tasks required across SDLC phases for market and regulatory changes project, new product adaption, new system implementation and process and system improvement.
・Analysis of front to back business and system flow, requirement gathering
・System design, development, documentation
・Interact with Production Support team and users to resolve production issues
・Review artefacts like design document, source code, test cases
● Take up development tasks as part of digital transformation
● Strong interpersonal communication skills
● Business level Japanese and English language skills.
● Ability to multitask and handle time pressure on deliveries.
● Minimum 2 years of hands on experience in design & development of Java application
● Able to write queries and stored procedures for DB like Oracle, Sybase
● Strong sense of problem ownership and the ability to prioritize and escalate assigned tasks well.
● Minimum 3 years of experience working in the financial industry or system implementation experience.
● Must be a team player, flexible to work on and support multiple applications, have passion for improvement/innovation and willingness to learn and implement new technologies.
● Experience in security brokerage firm
● Experience in DevOps related tools like GIT, JIRA, Jenkins and Nexus
● Experience in other programming languages like PYTHON
● Business knowledge of wholesale middle/back office of the security brokerage.
● Business knowledge of street side settlement and clearing (JASDEC, BOJ, SWIFT, etc)
● Agile project management experiences