IT Information Technology
|Job/Group Overview: |
The COMET Authoring & Workflow (AW) team is responsible for building and maintaining a state of the art, financial research authoring and publication system, based primarily upon web technologies. Development practices incorporate Agile methodologies, where progress and goals are constantly fine-tuned by close interaction with stakeholders. The development team is located in Japan and India, working in a tightly coupled fashion with close interaction on a daily basis.
Global Markets Research is looking to reinvigorate and modernize the entire suite of research publications to ensure that clients have timely access to research using latest technologies. As the industry moves into a new era of Business Analytics, Mobile Computing, Social Media and Cloud the need for quality financial research presented in an easily consumable format is paramount for Nomura’s clients. The goals of this project is to build and maintain a future-proofed Authoring, Workflow and Publishing system for the Global Research community, ensuring that the technology is stable, performant and intuitive to use.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, delivery focussed application developer, with solid skills in financial application design and development, for both front and back-end components. The candidate will need to communicate directly with the Research business teams in both spoken and written Japanese and will be responsible for bespoke local development of business applications in Japan. Complex problem solving skills, the ability to be innovative backed by a proven track record of delivery are paramount. As the Research environment is undergoing constant evolution, the ability to be adaptive, receptive, work well under pressure and independently manage time commitments are important factors to being successful.
As a key member of our team, the successful candidate will:
● Provide development capabilities for Japanese-centric applications, managing translations, workflow and back-end data repositories.
● Build, evolve and maintain a web-based UI that Research employees use to create, clear and publish sophisticated Research reports. The reports are subsequently uploaded to a Research publishing system, and distributed in e-mail, PDF, Text and HTML5 formats.
● Day to day support for Research Analysts who use the COMET platform.
● Contribute innovative ideas to solve complex business problems, and provide the capability to build solutions that are innovative, responsive and reliable.
● Incorporate methodologies to ensure that the system is fully fault-tolerant, resilient and consistent across geographic locations (Japan, AEJ, US & EMEA).
● Ensure high coding standards, and impeccable adherence to rules and requirements that are mandated to be incorporated into the new system.
● Participate in the full software development life cycle.
● Provide level 2 and 3 support whenever required.
We are seeking a senior web application developer, experienced in end-to-end development with a proven track record. Who has the ability to effectively work in a team, collaborating with peers around the world. The successful candidate is a self-starter, motivated by the desire to solve problems and create high quality solutions that surpass business expectations.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
● Experienced in developing user-friendly, multilingual (English & Japanese) applications.
● Experience with creating backend REST services that query databases and provide data to downstream systems
● Knowledge of build, test and deployment automation tools.
● Relational database and SQL scripting skills: Querying, Debugging, Optimization.
● Familiarity with GitLab version control, and DevOps practices.
● Experience of working with documentation and ticketing systems: Confluence & JIRA.
● Understanding of the issues around creating, deploying, and supporting a client side application in production - Authentication, server connectivity, basic networking, logging, etc.
● Native Japanese & business level English.
● Ability to think clearly and express ideas in coherent, concise code, emails, and documentation. Effective communication skills a must.
● Prizes accuracy and attention to detail, and takes pride in their work.
● Self-starter who is action and result oriented.
● Experience and/or familiarity with financial data management systems
● Experience with vector graphics manipulation: SVG, EMF
● Experience in generation of materials in PDF and HTML formats